March 12, 2008

Boo Hoo!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_el_pr/obama_ferraro

So Ferraro said,

"If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a
woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very
lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."


If that's not inflammatory, I don't know what is. It's ridiculous for anyone to make a statement implying that Obama is the frontrunner because of his race. Whether you like him or not, he's the most eloquent and well spoken candidate out there. I would think that takes skill.

Acknowledging her faux pas, Ferraro stepped down:
In a letter to Clinton, first reported by CNN, Ferraro says: "Dear Hillary, I am
stepping down from your finance committee so I can speak for myself and you can
continue to speak for yourself about what's at stake in this campaign. The Obama
campaign is attacking me to hurt you. I won't let that happen. Thank you for
everything you've done and continue to do to make this a better world for my
children and grandchildren. You have my deep admiration and respect, Gerry."

Translation: "I tried race-baiting, and it came back to bite me in the #%^! "

I don't think Ferraro is racist. But the fact is that she tried to pull a cheap political ploy to attack Obama makes the outcome of this stunt somewhat vindicating.

No comments: